Wednesday, 27 November 2013

Unit 10: Minor Project - Final Front Skeletons

Hello Everyone,

Here is a sample extract from my latest contribution (26/11/13) direct from Polydoodle Pictures Studio Blog. The image below shows the final frontal proportion skeletons. I animated these in After Effects after pre-compositing them making the joints and giving them control. The next step is just to add clothes and form!


"The image above shows the skeletons in motion. As my previous skeleton tests this is just to show the skeletons in motion demonstrating activity within the proportion. I did this as an extra step, the walk cycles on there are the moment do not reflect the future movement of the character. I did this mainly so we could get a real idea of how the proportions function together. I cleaned up each skeleton with ink and colour using the colour pallet's Sammy suggested on her sketchy faces image. I added the hat as another indicator of scale - the same  size hat fits all and even looks slightly bigger on the kids."

Read the full article here >>


  1. Ok, interesting but I'm not sure how helpful this is Stich. I realise its an extra step but don't lose time to 'overworking'. Stay focused on the core task.

    1. Hey, DW Alan... I am not insane (well not any more then usual). The skeletons moving was an extra that took no more then 2 hours... I wanted there to be no doubts of the proportions I was using and seeing them in motion helps aid with this... There were quite a few facebook debates about proportion... This is just me covering my ass... I am working on the proper turnarounds now :)

  2. Note: I mean the animated walk cycles not the whole article.