Friday 7 October 2011

Unit 1: Anatomy - Maya Exercises, Week 3 - Lighting

Hello Everyone,

Just updating my Maya Progress, got it neatly laid out too which is always the part that comes a little easy to me. Anyway I have enclosed a little animation at the bottom as opposed to posting multiple light passes. I think it shows a decent contrast between the light types and colour hues.

Anyway, I wont waffle, the images are as follows:

Photobucket
The Image above (Front Light Directionality) shows the use of 1 point lighting with an image overlay. This is to convey a cinema screen reflecting onto its audience. The arrow depicts the directionality of light.

Photobucket
The Image above (Back Light Directionality) shows the use of 1 point lighting from behind with an intense green glow. This is to convey an outdoor (alien) light overwhelming an interior door. The arrow depicts the directionality of light.

Photobucket
The Image above (Lighting 2 Point) shows the use of 2 conflicting light sources - one directional and one ambient. This is to convey a beach scene at night (a theme I thought perfectly irregular). The arrows depict the conflicting light sources (blue vs white).

Photobucket
The Image above (Lighting 3 Point) shows the use of 3 conflicting light sources - 3 spot lights in strategic locations. This is to convey a lighted statuette in a museum or local event. The arrows depict the strategic spots (conflicting light sources) primary yellow vs. secondary blue vs. Tertiary red.

FFIL
The image above (Early Morn - Fire Light) shows multiple uses of Spot/Ambient & Directional lights for the same scene. This is to convey the Dynamic "Mood" or "Nature" that can be attained by any scene via simple lighting changes (time of day/situational/etc). The arrows and anagrams depict the lights and colour in that particular render.

Well that does it for Week 3 of Maya, please let me know if any of you need help with Maya. I know one person in particular that has been having issues. I like to think I understand it somewhat after my limited use. Anyway just let me know if anybody needs help.

Stay cool people.

Over & Out,
xXStItChXx

No comments:

Post a Comment