Sunday 2 October 2011

Unit 1: Anatomy - "Waldepeer" Development Day 2

Hello Everyone,

I've been slaving for the past 2 days to get some development work together for the epic "Waldepeer". I ended up going on a bit of a tangent... more or less expanding one of my initial silhouettes.

I will not be going with it for my final I guess curiosity just got the better of me. I looked primarily at the horror angle (kind of leaning towards the fly a bit). I also had time to expand a little further into my anatomy drawings using more and more formulas to construct the human body.

Photobucket

Figure 1

Figure 1 was my initial silhouette, I could imagine massive arms a scary bulk of blubber crawling its way towards you brrrr. I also decided to add a little effect to the paper itself (namely mathematical formulas etc). It's just a bit of fun so don't go reading into it. I want some element of humanity to remain kind of a submissive style (as that is so me). This version of Waldepeer (1.0) is named "the Evil Attempt" for obvious reasons. If you look closely you can see a rough front and side silhouette too, this was my understanding of the merge between myself and that of a Walrus.

Photobucket
Figure 2

Before going on ahead I decided to get some dimensions of the face down (Figure 2). I can do side and front relatively well so to understand both would help me construct a decent 3.5 perspective. The placement of bones themselves are broken down to formulas dividing and subdividing grids to reach key points of the face. The construction of this skull will help me when I finally get down to my face/head drawings.

Photobucket

Figure 3

Next I decided to buck up my ideas on the human anatomy (Figure 3), particularly male (I have drawn more female characters then male). The thing that I felt helped me with the Walrus was my experience with a larger lower body (females having wider hips then males). Anyway I broke down the male anatomy with yet another formula which is constructed from a line, marking points to project location.

Photobucket

Figure 4

Next comes Figure 4 I decided to take a cue from "Photoshop Phil" (love the name) and draw out a couple of my original designs in silhouette. It's not a bad way of working I must say, I am not quite sure which of the final I will be using (I could find an ideal reference and want that instead of the one I'm thinking of). Never the less it has it's advantages, personally my favourite is VII I just like its position... very laid back.

Photobucket

Figure 5

For my final Figure of this post I decided to provide the pose that influenced me to create this initial "Evil" concept. Thanks be to "Photo-Reference-For-Comic-Artists.com. I have been waiting for a chance to use this image for a while now and it's good to have a play with something that is a different perspective.

Well I'd say that's it for this post, I will do a little more development work and get it on here for every ones viewing pleasure. In the meantime I have a green light review to write & plan for. I guess I'll see you all in the funny pages.

Over & Out,
xXStItChXx

1 comment:

  1. Well apart from what I mentioned on the day 1 post, your development work is awesome, especially the level of detail and extra content. It'd be fun to try another expression aswell apart from the evil one, like in silhouette VI it looks like he's curled up in self disgust of what he's turned into like Andre from The Fly.
    PS: that dude is creepy in the last picture :P

    ReplyDelete