Wednesday, 1 January 2014

Unit 10: Minor Project - Benjamin 2D Turnarounds to 3D

Hello Everyone,

Here is a sample extract from my latest contribution (01/01/14) direct from Polydoodle Pictures Studio Blog. The video below shows the 3d Modelling journey I had creating Benjamin Badgersworth. The entire video spans the length of 6 days of trial and error with ZBrushing and Maya. The good news is I got there in the end. The video is recorded on a time lapse interval of 10 seconds so excuse the speed.


"The image above shows the original turnarounds I worked from with the wire of the model projected over the top. I corrected his podginess mostly as Sammy and Chrissie didn't want him to have a beer belly (which was in the original turnaround). I agreed though, it didn't look right on the side profile. The other misguided move was his hair which I made puffy like the turnaround but then the hair kept bleeding through the top of the hat. I ended up having to severely flatten the hair to make the hat rest on the sides of his head. This took a while to sort out... "

Read the full article here >>

No comments:

Post a Comment