Wednesday 1 January 2014

Unit 10: Minor Project - Benjamin UV Maps

Hello Everyone,

Here is a sample extract from my latest contribution (01/12/13) direct from Polydoodle Pictures Studio Blog. The video below shows the ZUV maps for "& Son's" chief character Benjamin Badgersworth. The complete UV map can be seen on our studio blog along with another couple of extras. I hope you enjoy the post!


EXTRACT

"One of the things I tend to do when UV mapping is throw some kind of texture on to see if the polygons on the model are working effectively with the texture. I usually throw on either a checker or a UV grid texture which can be found on google. In the image above I have shown my Benjamin model and have identified some of the more obvious front on seams. Myself and my business partner have a little game we play when looking at game models, we like to see if we can identify the locations of the seams... Geeky I know but I guess we don't care."

Read the full article here >>

No comments:

Post a Comment