Monday 6 January 2014

Unit 10: Minor Project - Benjamin Conceptual Composit Weta

Hello Everyone,

Here is a sample extract from my latest contribution (06/01/14) direct from Polydoodle Pictures Studio Blog. The image below shows the child star Benjamin Badgersworth as a result of multiple render passes from ZBrush. I posed the character within ZBrush and created the render passes individually. These were then combined in Photoshop using blending modes. I removed the background and added my own paper textured one with a gradient.

 
EXTRACT

"The image above shows the end result of this process, there are numerous layers that went into the creation of this image. They were blended together within Photoshop using blending modes and opacity. A number of FX controls were also applied as well as hue and saturation adjustments to change shadow tones. I dialled quite a few layers down to get this concept to where I was happy. The problem with doing these passes is when you first sit down to sort them out you don't know where to start. You have quite a few layers and you can only find the right combination by test after test."

Read the full article here >>

No comments:

Post a Comment