Saturday 25 February 2012

Unit 4: Story Telling - Maya Exercises, Week 2 & 3 - Rotation & Force

Hello Everyone,

I finally got around to doing some 3D animation, with the pre-viz finally resolved. The animation tasks have been quite interesting I have to say, there is defiantly a mathematical basis at work in the realm of 3D. With that being said I believe that the world is comprised of mathematical formula... Music is a good example...

Consider plucking strings on a guitar in a correct order creates a chord or tune/scale. A scale which works across every instrument. Why does it work? No idea but its maths... and that's just one example...

Anyway onto the videos, I'll try not to waffle...


This is the final in my initial 3 series of bouncing balls. I wanted to finish the theme in this way before converting to what Alan requires - Playblast animations. Mine hasn't been working so I went scaling the net and eventually found a codec that worked...


This video is my first full play blast outside of the lovely pre-viz stage. It was quite interesting to consider the textures position & how that would deform correctly or incorrectly. People still say that the bouncing ball is key to animation & I have most certainly come to agree...


The pendulum swing as I understand it is driven by rotation but I felt as though force has to be considered for the rotation to play an integral role. The force is indicated by the delay of the rotational swing strategically spaced to function to weight.


Last but not least comes the paperclip chain, created from rotation. The sneaky thing here is the delay between the swing of each clip that gives the true indication of weight. The copying and pasting of key frames particularly interested me in this video, a very handy time saver.

Well that's it for this post, I have 2 more Maya tutorials to complete by the end of this Unit which I will have done by next week (at some point). I hope everyone else is having fun out there :)

Take it easy!

Over & Out,
xXStItChXx

No comments:

Post a Comment